Our Chapman Elementary staff is dedicated to creating meaningful learning experiences that best meet our students’ needs and abilities. Chapman Elementary school is home to nearly 375 students in kindergarten through fifth grade as well as two preschool classrooms.
All of our elementary school students receive instruction in the core academic areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. Additionally, students receive encore instruction in the areas of art, music, physical education, media and technology. Beginning in fifth grade, interested students are able to participate in the band or orchestra.
As a learning community, we believe everyone has a profound impact on each student’s life and provides a positive role model for students. Our impact is enhanced through the establishment of a positive working partnership with our parents and guardians. We look forward to establishing this positive working relationship with our Chapman families in creating a successful and memorable school year.
- Strongsville City Schools and Locals 290 and 028 of the Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE) have agreed on a three year contract extension to the current contract agreement. These local groups of OAPSE include transportation, custodial/maintenance, food services, educational support, office support, and technology staff in the District.
- The contract extension maintains the current agreement with a 2.0% salary increase each year of the contract. This agreement will be in effect from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2024.
- Our District is excited to announce a partnership agreement with the nationally recognized school enrichment provider, Right At School, to provide before- and after-school care for elementary students this fall.
- Right at School will be offering before- and after-school care every weekday (Monday-Friday) at each of the elementary school buildings in our District, beginning in August, 2021.
- Mrs. Kaylee Harrell will lead Chapman Elementary at the start of the 2021-22 school year.
- She most recently served as Principal at Melrose Elementary School in Wooster and has been part of the Wooster City School District since 2014, holding both teacher and administrator roles.